Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) and Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) are considered to be the most accepted IT professional certification for the Red Hat products along with Linux related skills. To become a professional System Administrator you need to clear the RHCSA exam.
To go one step ahead your next target is RHCE exam. Your employer does not always count on your experience rather an international validation will give you the expected pay package. The certificate will ensure your employer and even your clients that you have a hand on experience in working in a live Linux environment as both the exams certifies you based on hands on and practical exams..
* RHCSA: This certification is basically an entry level program which highlights on your competencies at the handling of system administration that includes installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux. To get the certification you need to take up EX200 which is a half day hands-on lab exam and pass to become a RHCSA.
* RHCE: This is not just an entry level but enables you to move from mid to advance level. It is most sought after certification. To take up this exam your first target is to clear RHCSA exam and then in addition you need to clear EX300 which is again a hands-on lab exam for two hours.
Tips to Clear the Exams
There is no as such short cut to get these certificates. It is only your dedication and hard work that is going to pay at the end. Your first step is to enroll yourself for the RHCSA and RHCE training in Hyderabad from an authentic Linux course provider. The other few things to help you to do better in the exams are:
* Only practice makes you perfect: Make sure that you have a complete hold on all the details of the study material that are discussed during the course. An extensive workout with the Red Hat distribution is must before taking up the exam.
* Manage your time: If you are already working with Linux you will be able to get through the exam only if you have unlimited time during the exam. Time is a real pitfall. Remember not to waste time on something which is not giving the expected result rather move on to the next task by taking a fast track.
* Read to understand: Candidates spend less time in reading the instructions and understanding what the question is really expecting. The reason is the shortage of time. Never compromise as reading will help you to sort out what exact activities you are supposed to do.
* Take help of manual: Manual pages can be referred during the exam, but make sure that you have enough practice of handling the manual otherwise it will cost you time.
* Reboot, your friend: Rebooting your system at least once to cross check whether what you did is persistent. Rebooting will help you in handling unintended error; otherwise you are heading to fall.
Your sincerity at RHCE training in Hyderabad will lead to success.